If you’re moving your belongings yourself, start by hiring the right man with a van – too small and you may need to make a few journeys, too big and you may have problems parking. It’s often cheaper to book vans on weekdays. But if you move at the weekends you may be able to make the most of special two-day hire rates.
- De clutter Before Your Move
- Start Early – at least four to six weeks ahead.
- Supplies you’ll need: Moving boxes, Packing paper, Packing tape made for moving, Packing tape dispenser, Black marker, Sandwich bags to hold hardware for appliances and furniture.
- Donate, throw away, have a garage sale or car boot sale
- Moving more items requires a bigger truck, extra diesel and additional packing supplies.
- Consider the Boxes, use boxes designed for moving.
- Don’t Tackle Everything at Once, Pack non-essential items early, these could include off-season clothing, books, artwork or anything you won’t miss if it’s in a box
- Pack a couple boxes of essentials for your arrival. Mark them “open first”. Suggested items include cleaning supplies, paper plates, paper towels, toilet paper, some clothing, eating utensils, a coffeemaker, toiletries and cosmetics.
- Don’t Skimp, movers who use the wrong packing materials risk damaging or breaking items, newspaper ink can bleed and stain your things, so use newsprint-white paper that’s thicker than newspaper-for packing. Tape all seams on boxes.
- Track What You Pack, colour-code boxes by room and label with general contents.
- Load Like a Pro. Use rope and straps to tie down items as you load, and pack “high and tight,” placing heavy things and large boxes on the bottom.
If you would like a quote – please enquire here