Hire a removal company or man with a van at least two weeks before you move. Get at least three quotes before deciding which one to use, you should also check if the company offers a discount on a weekday and of course make a list of your possessions so you can check if you’ve left anything behind. If you are going to do it yourself, you need to be as prepared as you possibly can. Where possible let the removal company know the following:
1. The amount of furniture you’re moving
2. Estimate the number of journeys needed between your old and new home
3. How many boxes
4. The exact time you want the removal company to arrive
5. Postcode to your new property
6. Arrange a parking space for the removal van
7. Always tell the removal firm well in advance of pieces of furniture which won’t go through the door
8. Colour code your boxes
9. Is there a lift?
10. How many stair cases are there?
For more advice see http://bbc.in/1oGK5pb
If you would like a no obligation quote – please enquire here